As most of you know we are embarking on an amazing adventure this summer. We will be traveling across this AWE-some country of ours to see sites, visit friends and family and to strengthen our bond as a family and challenge our patience as individuals. Are we crazy, you ask? Why yes, we are, but we are looking forward to the wonder and madness of it all. Who had this idea? Well Papa Art has fond memories of traveling across country with his boys when they were young. He wanted to make some new memories and well, let's be honest, at 91 we are so fortunate that he is healthy enough to make it happen. If not now, maybe never, so we say now it is!
When do we leave? Next Friday morning, June 28th at the crack of dawn we will cruise out in our rented minivan to destinations known and unknown, but our first stop will be Idaho Falls, where we will rest up, splash in the pool and head out in the morning to see the Grand Teton's and Yellowstone National Park. I am hoping the girls earn their Junior Ranger badges there, I remember doing that at Mt. Lassen when I was little, fun times!!
I think I will save the rest of the blogging to keep you posted on the travels and all the sites, stories, sisterly quarrels, threats of turning the car around and well all the stuff that I could not even imagine will happen on our three and a half week adventure...are you ready? I honestly can't wait, but for now I will get back to work. I have a lot of planning at work and a big conference next week to get through first. It is becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate. Grrr.
Love you all and I am counting on your blessings to get us to the other side and back...xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment