After my blissful morning of solitude it was off to the Dunne household to make sure everyone made it through the sleepover with the little ladies. We were welcomed at the door by Kaiya and Mila who were happy and looking forward to their movie date with Geraldine. We caught up on the events of the evening and all that the girls subjected Mike, Nuala and Geraldine to. They got their fill of little girl dance videos from Kaiya's dance recitals and American Girl movies and everyone had their hair done and both girls were trotting around the house in Nuala's old high heels. They were in little girl heaven, no doubt!
We parted ways again for the girls to go see Monsters University (they just love to tell people how their Uncle Nate makes these movies) while Jeremy and I headed out to Mark Twains house for a little history on a brilliant American. Jeremy and I had a great time learning more about Mark Twain, most inspiring to me was the love story between him and his wife Livvy. What a sweet love they shared. What a great man he was. We finished up our tour and rushed back to the house because my dear friend, Allison was on her way to come visit with us. I hadn't seen Allison in almost 4 years and it was such a treat to spend time with her today. She is such a joy to have around and always makes everyone so comfortable. We love you Allison. We went to Whole Foods and bought a bunch of food for a bbq and a birthday cake for Jeremy who was off working out. We went back to the house and chatted together with everyone all day. It was a lovely afternoon and evening. The girls both took long naps and couldn't even wake up to eat dinner. We had to pull them out of bed right before we left. Again we had to say goodbyes. Oh man is this my least favorite part. I just love my friends and family and wish I could keep them all in my pocket wherever I go. The girls felt we didn't get enough time with Butters (Allison) and I don't think it has sunk in yet that we won't be seeing Uncle Mike, Aunt Nuala or Geraldine tomorrow. Sad times. We headed back to our hotel and the girls got their second wind and wanted to swim. I didn't fight this a bit since it is SO HOT here!! We rushed into our suits and went down to the pool. There was an adorable little girl there learning to swim and my girls were immediately taken to her and Mila gave her arm floaties and Kaiya gave her goggles. They both wanted to help her learn to swim. So lovely. We closed the pool down and now everyone is trying to get some sleep before our big day in NYC tomorrow. I can't wait to get there and just be there! For tonight I will just savor the day and take it all in before I get some rest! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment